It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-04-19

Written 2007-04-18 (I didn't get on the computer last night)
Virginia Shooting

It is the same thing over and over. There is just not much new.
The guy's parents were "devout" Christians. He had problems with Christianity. Who doesn't? I have problems with Christianity. I believe in God, not so much religion. I don't go nuts.
The media has softened on the criticizing the school a bit. It is still there. They keep talking about some kind of air-raid sirens and not using email to warn people because only people online can view it in the short term. They had an interview with a student who said she heard an announcement over the athletic PA. Some collages have an automated call system, but most people probably have it set to call their home number and not the phone they have on them. Some people don't have mobile phones. I agree with the cops that say there is just no way to get every one to run and hide all at the same time.
There were stories about some of the students who died. The one that got me was a guy who was an athlete who was killed while holding a door shut with his body. The gunman shot through the door and killed him. I wonder what percentage of people died or were injured that way. 9mm are not known for their penetration.
No mention of where he got the gun that I've heard. Did he buy it and wait the five days/ He had the legal right to do so apparently. Did he steel it from a cop car that morning? I want to know.
I haven't had a chance to read any blogs since this thing started. They always have the best info. They are typically willing to speculate and project information more than the media. This is changing. Blogs get Fisked often and they are starting to do their homework before posting more often. That is a shame really. I kind of miss the jumping the gun conspiracies that got posted. I suppose some integrity is a good thing. Who knows.

No comments: