It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-04-06

Written 2007-04-03
Racers

Last night a bunch of the racers were gathered across the street. They were doing their normal burnout and donut stuff. They fly up and down 1093 like there are not homes and businesses right next to the road. There was another accident Tuesday evening. It was not racers as far as I could tell. It was a tow truck that lost control and flipped. The engine was laying out on the ground next to the totaled flatbed. Both sides of the road were closed. It was a mess all around.
I can sleep through most of the noise. It really upset me when one of them drove through my yard. What really gets me is when my doughtier wakes up from the mayhem. It scares her. That makes me call the cops.
When I was a teen and and in my twenties, I hung out in parking lots with my friends. We didn't lay rubber or drink. We just stood around talking. We kept to ourselves mostly. We didn't race or smoke weed. We just hung out. There have been a couple of fatality wrecks in the past year within a couple of blocks of our house. That's beyond the call. There is no need for people to die in the name of something to do for fun.
There is no need to make my doughtier cry either.
Last night the cops didn't just drive by. They pulled some people over. There was a stabbing in that parking lot a week or so ago. I'm sure that had something to do with it. The racers left for the evening. We heard some drive by, but they didn't really stop in the parking lot. I suppose that is all we can do. I don't want to reap any kind of revenge or anything like that. It is just too much work. I just want to live in peace and raise my family.

No comments: