It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-04-14

Missed opportunities
These are things I wrote on Thursday the twelfth. I haven't been able to blog them because Nat gives me no end of shit for getting on the computer. I'm getting kind of tired of it. She won't let me be me. I'm thinking of getting up early in the morning to get my computer stuff done so I can spend more time with the family in the evenings.
Anyway. Here they are.

Meaning of Life
There was a time I sat on a bench listening to music on a Tuesday afternoon. I sat there for hours watching people walking by. There is something about Tuesdays that make them very ordinary. People got in their cars and walked to the bus stop. I was at college looking for guidance and a plan for life. I didn't understand that the life that is loosely planned is much more free. You plan for the big things like family and a couple of big goals, but not to much more. That seems to be the best thing. Have the big goals on your mind. Worry about your family's issues. make that dream come true. Everything else just is, or just falls away.
Then come the rainy days where everything looks gray and dense. Gloomy weather. Gloomy people. Gloomy plans. Gloomy goals. I don't know how people in Washington do it. I suppose people can get used to it. I remember someone telling a story about a Jew in Germany before WWII. They said something to the effect that people just got used to the treatment they received. I don't want to get used to it. I want to make it sunny. I can't control the weather, yet, but I can control my reaction to it.
"All of life is a play. And the world but a stage." That's pretty much the same statement. You may not build the set, or control the lights, but you write the dialog. You choose to smile or sneer.
Today is sunny and bright. This weekend is supposed to be nice. I hope my mood fallows God's example.

Friday the Thirteenth
Tomorrow is Friday the thirteenth. I'm not really a superstitions person. Friday the thirteenth does bug me for some reason. I suppose it is all the bad press over the years. All day today, Thursday the twelfth, I've been wishful thinking that it is Friday. It doesn't seem to matter if it is the thirteenth tomorrow. I suppose I prefer Friday the Thirteenth to any old Thursday. That should say something in itself.
It is beautiful outside. I need to enjoy the nice weather more while it is around. I should take tomorrow off and spend it with the family before the busy weekend. Too bad I cannot afford the time off.

No comments: