It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-04-29

Guns Don't Kill People

As you may have noticed, other than the MSM scare campaign about high-cap magazines that has now been thoroughly debunked — as well it should be since it, in the finest tradition of “professional journalism”, was founded on nothing even resembling facts — they’ve also been working themselves up quite a bit over the truly frightening characteristics of the humble 9mm Parabellum round, or “Euro Pellet” as we like to call it around here.

"Euro-Pellet" HA!!! I love it.

The 9mm round was invented in the late 1800's. It is not a high powered round. I'm surprised it went through as many doors as it did in the Virginia Tech shootings. It is the "standard" sidearm for the U. S. military, though I've heard some keep different rounds on hand. I said before that the shooter either was a good shot or put out a bunch of ammo. It appears the latter was true. He shot people as he walked around the room and then went back in at least one case finishing people off.

Personally, I only like the .45. I have one for home defense. I use .45 hollow points. They are not the biggest round you can put in a pistole, but they are one of the biggest that will not also take out an entire wall in the process. .45's have a history of not going through walls that well. They are short and fat and have less penetration that their mass of led or volume of bang implies. In WWII soldiers noted charging enemies high on coke being knocked on their butt or sent spinning to the ground after encountering a .45 slug.

I've heard the .40 is a good all around round. I haven't had the chance to try it out. The numbers round good.

Mostly, I try not worrying about it. There are any number of opposing points of view. It gets to me when people try to say that a specific gun or caliper of weapon is to blame for anything. There are calls to ban .50 caliper weapons when .22 or .25 probably kill more people than all the others in civilian conflict in the U. S. They are typically easier to conceal and quieter. Some countries have a minimum size of pistol you can legally purchase. That makes them harder to conceal. That makes more sense to me than worrying about the size of the bullet.

Wonder where I got this. It is a great comparison. I've wanted to make a picture like it for a while.

Ammo comparrason

No comments: