It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-12-16

Written 2006-12-15
Retired
I work for a smaller company now. At my old company people retired all the time. We used to show up to the little parties and say "Hell of a guy!" as we walked through the door. They normally had some kind of free food and it was a break in the middle of the day.
At this company, it is a huge deal to have someone retire. They have been here for many years. They are both very knowledgeable. They will be missed.
I've often said I'm going to work until I drop. That seems like a common thing these days. So many people I know have no retirement plan. I have a little money going away, but not nearly enough to retire.I'm not sure why I bother. I'm 37 and I will never work any one place long enough to build up the kind of time that people associate with retiring from a company. Even if I stay here until I'm sixty that is twenty three years or so.

No comments: