It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-12-31

New Vehicle
Nat and I are looking at an SUV. We are thinking of expanding the family. Here are some of your options.

Jeep Liberty: Not a bad vehicle, but it is a Chrysler product. I had the hardest time finding fuel economy numbers for this vehicle. I found some. It is not far off the Rav4. Bit worse.

Toyota Rav4: This is the one I like. It is a bit cheaper and sportier than the others.

Toyota Highlander: Basically the more expensive version of the Rav4. It also seems to get better fuel economy than the others.

Honda Pilot: Not a whole lot online. Looks like it is a bit more expensive than a Toyota Highlander.

There are so many of these vehicles on the market. I'm sure we will be able to find one. Some of our friends lean toward the Honda and some lean toward the Liberty. I lean toward the Rav4, and I suspect Nat does too. I've looked at the hybrid, but I just cant afford one right now. I would also like the technology to get a couple more years in the field before committing to that sort of thing. Ive read they just don't pay for themselves yet. Right now it seems hybrids are just there to satiate Liberal Guilt. I don't feel that guilty.
I also want to get a little utility trailer for the vehicle. This is only to compliments not having a pickup truck. It will have to be very light. It will have to be easy to store. I picture us using it for camping, moving couches and refrigerators. I've found it hard to be a home owner and not having some way to haul shit back and forth. I've found all kinds of sources in just a few minutes on the internet which means there are tons of light duty utility trailers out there.

No comments: