It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-12-02

More Upgrade Fallout
Well, I also found out that liferea didn't work. It said it was missing a file. I downloaded the source and compiled it. Works now. Another was XMMS. It complained about missing a file. I used yum to uninstall and reinstall it and it seems to be working thought it complains about missing some .so file.
So far, not too bad.
# I'm back making blog entries.
# All the movies seem to play as they did before.
# I still have the sound problem with YouTube, but that seems to be a sound driver issue. When I open a browser, I can play movies with good sound. If I run another application that requires sound, it seems to work fine too. Then, if I go back to that same browser, most of the time I get no sound on the YouTube movies. It is the same for Google.
# I'm surfing the net just fine.
# The whole kttsmgr and text to speech thing still works. I can't get it to work at work. I may go to Fedora Core 6 at work just to "test" it out and get the frigging ktts working.

So far, I would call it a success. I would like to thank Nat for being understanding during my upgrade torment.

No comments: