It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-12-02

Core Upgrade
Well, I found this page before I wrote the previous post. I thought it was out of date. I found someone's blog who mentioned it worked for core 6, just replace the 5 with a 6 in most places. Well, It is running as I type. This may be my last transmission for a while. I'm sure you will (eventually) hear the results on this blog.
I did have to use --nodeps on the RPM, but the dependencies were of a documentation nature. That does scare the hell out of me. I hope the upgrade itself puts those files in place. That would (unfortunately) make sense, so I'm not holding my breath.
The waiting is hell. I'm watching the downloaded packages scroll up the screen. I think it said there were over 2000 things to install. It rocketed up the screen and was basically gone in a moment or two.
I'm going to go watch cartoons.

No comments: