It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-12-25

Christmas2
Yesterday we went over to my parent's house and opened presents. My folks are so happy to see Elle. My father has been under the weather for a couple of months and is only now starting to feel better. No flashlights or sweet tarts this year. I hate to admit it, but I was a tiny bit disappointed.
Today we are off to Nat's mom's place. She is going to bake a pie and we are going to have some more food.
That seems to be the real common thread among all these Christmas things we are doing. The food is both good and there is a lot of it. The gifts don't half suck either.

Rant
That brings me to my current mood. I'm crabby. I'm so sick of dealing with the whole Christmas bullshit. I can't wait until the retail market completely removes Christ from Christmas and we all just move to an end of year gift giving season that is the sole property of Wal-Mart. I mean, doesn't Microsoft already have the patent on God in the U. S. and Europe?
# Christmas Tree: Nothing to do with the birth of Jesus. Some say the star represents the Bethlehem star. Using an evergreen represents the immortality of faith. Sap is blood. It never ends the symbolism you can manufacture.
# Santa Clause: Need I even attempt to rebuke this symbol of the market place?
# Gift Giving: This is supposed to symbolize the three wise men giving gifts to Jesus. Well, each of your family should give one present to a homeless shelter or to your chosen church to distribute.
I really think the Pope should come out and denounce giving gifts on Christmas and say that people should only give to charity. That would wreck at least the U. S. economy in one year. You think I'm kidding? I'll have to dig up the numbers somewhere, but 40 % of Retail sales come from the Christmas rush.
A bunch of people say "happy holidays" to cover their ass. Well I'm glad some religions are fed up with it. The Muslims seem to be the flavor of the week for liberal guilt. Maybe they can finally point out to all the good Christians out here that Christmas is about Jesus. Then maybe the Christians will point out that Islam is the religion of (convert or kill every on who doesn't agree with us and then we will have) peace.
Well, we are off.

Merry Christmas, and by that I mean Warship Jesus and help your fellow Christian.

No comments: