It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-05-23

House
Ken and Heath came over and fixed the window. Nat and I now have a sealed house. Well, as sealed as they come anyway. i would say they helped me fix the window, but I held a board still here or there. Double huge thinks guys. We even have the solar screens up bullet hole and all.
Nat informs me that I left the stickers on the windows when I put up the screens. What the heck, they pop right off again.

Tools
I got a lecture on tools. I bought a crappy weed-eater. Ken was showing me the things to look for in a good weed-eater, none of which apply to mine. He showed me the ones that come with these plastic sticks that look like they would take down small trees. I  was fantasizing in the store walking back and forth in the field next to the compound clearing the weeds with the stroke of a hand. It was all I could do to hold in the mad-scientist-cackle right in the weed-eater isle of Home Depot. I'm really starting to hate that place.

Party
We are a little bit closer to that house party. I'm sure everyone will be invited. It is going to have to be a while yet. There is a lot of work left to do. Unpacking alone is going to break my back.

Land
The feral land next to our property is over grown. It has not been taken care of in quite a while. Nat and are already making plans on getting the people who own the land to come clean it up or even heiring people ourselves and putting a lean against the property. We could put a single animal over there in a fence and claim it as a farm. If I play my cards right i can get the government to pay me to not plant corn.

No comments: