It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-05-06

House
I have to say, I am really starting to regret buying a house. This is much harder than it should be.

# Trash company
Called the number on the side of the trash can and got service. It kind of reminded me of the the Night of the Living Dead II movie. I wish it was all this easy.
# Phone company
I call the phone company. They do a great job of switching my number over to the new address and then send me to a thing called "Mover's advantage" where I can switch over my electricity. As it happens, this was a bad idea. See below.
# Electric company
Well, smart me decides to change electric companies to save a few bucks. I've had some friends recommend TXU energy. I'll give them a try. That is not such a bad idea. When I called the phone company they transferred me to a place that tried to set up the account. This guy just hit me as a dip-shit. I cannot even blame it on outsourcing because it was some guy in Illinois.
This was Friday a week ago. I thought everything was set up. This Friday, yesterday, the power gets shut off. We call and call and call and no one will have the power set up until Tuesday. We are living in the goddamn house with no electricity. I wish I could burn it down.
# Gas company
I cannot tell if the gas is on or off. Without electricity, nothing gas works. They didn't require much to get star ted at least.
# Water Company (MUD)
They need a signature. No one else needs a fucking signature. They just want your money. We have a fax machine now thanks to Nat finding one at a garage sale, but NO ELECTRICITY to run it.

It isn't the living without electricity. It isn't the messed up paperwork. It is the fact that it feels like every one is out to get me the minute I decided I wanted to buy a house..I'm on the defensive. I have to prove to people that I won't steel their money for the loan. I have to sign my life away for 30 years. I have to higher someone to be on my side in the whole mess. I'm pissed. I'm depressed. I'm not going to be happy again until the loan is paid off in 30 years.
This has nearly broken Nat and I up. I regret starting it.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

Holy crap, I'm out of touch! How did I not know you had bought a house?!

So... where is it? When did you move in? How long were you looking?

I wish I had known. Ben is selling his house right now and it's too cute for words.