It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-05-14

Good Times
Finally, some good times. I got a wild hair and decided to put up the blinds that Nat bought at Home Depot. I fucked with it for an hour or so and got all mad and depressed and yelled a lot. You know, there is nothing supporting the sheet rock. I drilled and mounted the chicken-shit screws that came with the set. They just pulled out of the wall and left holes. That was not pleasant. I walked up to Home Depot (Nat offered to drive, but I was beyond pissed and needed the walk) and got a box of bigger screws. They did not do any better. I got all depressed and laid on the floor in our room. I was well in to my "I hate this house" mode when Ken shows up at my door. He is in a chipper mood. I never did get the pancakes, but that is another blog entry. Anyway, Ken gets me in a much better mood and he helped (actually he ended up pretty much doing it) put up the blinds. It turns out that they built my house with metal framing around the windows. That is why the screws I got would not work. I needed some mounts. Thus, the second trip to Home Depot. I'm really starting to dislike that place. I have to tell you, the house looks so much better with some of the blinds up. I will get plenty of opportunity to do it myself because we only had four out of like eight blinds so far.
I'm making plans for about five sets of the metal shelves in the garage for all the left over parts from the blinds etc. I'm thinking we will higher someone to do the lawn for a while. I may or may not get in the mood to do it myself. Nat seems to enjoy the yard. The fence needs work. Didn't I already complain about this stuff?
We went back to Ken and Jen's place for dinner. She makes a killer lasagna. We swam and played with Jackson "J" for a while. We had a blast. We talked about old times and plans for the house. Ken has offered to help me replace the Hardy plank around the window in back. Goodness knows I need it.
The pictures should be back up now. The server is back in operation in the new location.  Have a look.

No comments: