It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-05-21

Garage Sale
My parents do garage sales all the time. Today was a banner day. I wish I could do the story justice. My dad got a bunch of tools and an oak table and chairs for many times less than they were worth. he also ended up with a nice router table and mom got great stuff too. I'm not sure they want their findings published. I'm leaving out the numbers. Trust me, it was a good haul.

blog
I notice my blog entries have no title when viewed with an aggregator because I do my own titling. I just bold the text. I have no idea what to do about it. I don't like the idea of titling the whole entry. I talk about too many diverse stuff in each entry. I've tried to avoid having these all-over-the-place entries, but here we are. I hate it when other logs do that. I've stopped reading a couple because they are just boring and I cannot tell the good entries from the bad and I do not want to read them all. At least, not any more.
I'll think of something.

Over the Hedge
Nat and I went to see "Over the Hedge" this evening. It was hilarious if you are in to that sort of thing. It was a bit too formula for me, but it pulled it off anyway. It makes a pretty good whim movie. There is nothing like a squirrel on caffeine. The movie was particularly apt for Nat and I because we just became part of suburbia. The fences in the movie must have been made by the same people who made the crappy ones at our house. They just give way without even holding back a playful Rottweiler.

More on lawn mowing
After we got back from the movie, Nat and I walked around the compound. Nat watered the front lawn. I walked down the side of our house looking at how we might plant thorny bushes all along the fence to prevent people from walking right next to it. I've thought about extending the fence or something along those lines. If I let the grass grow up next to the fence it will come through and invade just like it has along the back fence. I need to keep it mowed, and still keep people from walking along it.
I'll think of something.

Ear Infection
I have some kind of ear infection going on. A month ago my left ear hurt. I lost balance and all the normal stuff. This month it is my right ear. Both times it got worse after I tried using ear drops. This is as bad as it has gotten in years. I bet it has to do with leaving the windows open without power for a couple of weeks. That or the cold showers. That or the stress. God knows. I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas. (kidding) I'm tossing the drops in case there is actually something wrong with them.  I have some other drops that I'm going to try. Right now the balance is not too bad.

Racers
As I type here late at night in front of my computer screen, I hear, in the not so far distance the young men racing their loud cars that make them feel more like something they are not. The kick in the pants, the rush of danger. The domination of the car, road other drivers. What is the allure. If I were not blind, I would be out there among them. I would make the noise, feel the rush of danger, try to dominate the world.
I have thought for years that maybe God had a reason for making me the way I am. Perhaps to keep me off the streets. Perhaps to keep me in line. Perhaps to make me slow down and think every now and then. Perhaps to make me avoid fighting. I've had nightmares of being condemned to prison for killing someone in a fight. I wonder if there is an alternate universe where I rot behind bars.

No comments: