It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-05-23

Elevator Talk
I was in the elevator at my work the other day and listened to some of my coworkers talk. They play this game called Eve Online. I've listened to several conversations they have about the game. It is a corporate universe with spaceships and star gates and what-not. Trade is currency. There are pirates and classes you have to take.
The other day I listened to one of their conversations for a couple of minutes before it dawned on me they were talking about work instead of the game. It is all a bunch of broken conversation taped together with buzzwords like "class device", "level 2 ...", "fiber channel", "nano physics", "... engineering" and an endless stream of meaningless acronyms.
I have to wait to hear a specific name of something that gives it away. Our work has a bunch of names that are goo tells. The game talk is given away by things like "galaxy", "pirates" and "canon". At least, I think that is the game talk. It sure would be funny if I had it backwards.

No comments: