It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-05-16

Better than Yesterday
Chris, a friend of Nat's, came over and fixed the washer. God bless him.
The only real pending thing we have at the moment are the boards over the window in the back of the house. I'm going to attempt to get one of my friends over here this week to help guide me through fixing it. I don't care if the color is off. It is on the back of the house after all.
The weather lately has been beautiful. I wish it would last. I know it is going to be a hard Summer. I knew a girl in high school named Summer. They called her frigid Summer. Assholes.
One really amazing thing about this house is the sunsets. We have a great view of the West out our back windows. I can't wait until we get some kind of deck up so we can sit out there and watch the sun set. They are particularly amazing after a storm. I think that natural area to our North West causes some kind of strange air flow that in turn causes some really nifty sunsets. I plan on taking pictures as the mood hits.
Lets see, what did I learn today? I learned some proprietary stuff about our system. That doesn't count because it only applies to our work. Hmmm. I learned that the birds in our parking garage at work are letting me get closer as the days go by. They live on a ledge inside the roof on the top floor. They are pidgins or something. I'm not sure. I try to both socialize with coworkers in the lunch room and take a walk around the parking garage to get out. That is more of an observation that learning something. Learning to me means something you can apply to multiple situations. I like to think I learn something every day. So, off to the internet to learn something.
...
I learned that sometimes, the timing of stories is everything. observe the two following consecutive stories from Slashdot. Read them in order.

Fly-by-Wireless Plane Takes to the Sky
galactic_grub writes to tell us that engineers in Portugal have built and flown a plane with no wires or mechanical connections between the major systems, only a wireless network. From the article: "Tests flights carried out in Portugal have shown that the system works well. Cristina Santos, at Minho University in Portugal, who developed the plane, says the aim is primarily to reduce weight and power requirements. 'Also, if you do not have the cables then the system is much more flexible to changes,' she says."

The next article.

Wireless Security Attacks and Defenses
"IT-Observer is running a comprehensive overview of wireless attacks and defenses. From the article: 'Wireless technology can provide numerous benefits in the business world. By deploying wireless networks, customers, partners, and employees are given the freedom of mobility from within and from outside of the organization. This can help businesses to increase productivity and effectiveness, lower costs and increase scalability, improve relationships with business partners, and attract new customers.'"

This is just enough to send the hackles up on the back of my neck. I picture someone aiming one of those cellphone jamers at my plane and spiraling into the ground. I guess that is just me.

No comments: