It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-04-08

Written for Friday 2006-04-07
Hose

We did a bunch of inspections today. I cannot fathom how expensive buying a house is. I feel like every notary in a hundred mile radios is making a buck off this transaction. The real estate agents all get paid. The banks get paid several times each. inspectors, surveyors, mortgage people, all get a payment for services rendered.
Now, wait a minute. I called my bank to get a home loan. They get paid, some other company gets paid for mortgage fees. Hold on, I thought I was dealing with my bank. How many times do they need my signature? I've signed the same 38 pieces of paper three times now. Plus a bunch of other stuff that basically says "Kelly agrees to pay us money."
If I sit down and look stuff up it makes sense why I'm paying these fees all over the place. I'm not so worried about getting ripped off after looking some of these things up and asking some questions. It is just nuts the amount of crap that has to happen before you can put your name on a house. It happens every day. How has it gotten this bad?
Something that I've learned that I have mixed feelings about is I have "excellent" credit. Actually, my relater called it "amazing". That scares me. I feel more like a target. It isn't like I can barrow any more money than I already have with this whole house thing.

Guy Call
I called Nat while I was at lunch today. I got a funny answer. She was at the new house we are looking to buy in the middle of an inspection. She answers the phone and all in one long word says "High honey we are in the middle of an inspection love you bye." click. That is what I call a guy call. Short, to the point. Little or now side chatter, just the facts kind of thing. Just one more reason to love Nat. s

No comments: