It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-04-04

Two entries I wrote by hand yesterday.

The Best Adventure
I miss blogging the news. I only got a few responses that were positive to the new related entries. I got a lot more negative bitching about the gray boxes all over the place. I do not have the time to keep up with the news any more. I'm up at seven these days. I get off at six. We always have errands to run. All I ever want to do is crash. It drives poor Nat crazy. I feel bad that I don't have any energy after work. This new job is extra tough. It is getting better. I'm just starting to find my feet. It is going to be a while before things smooth out.
I read a blog the other day from a guy who is going round the middle east interviewing interesting people and coming up with the best stories. I complain about not getting enough sleep. I work. I watch TV. I am home every night by seven or eight or nine depending on the errands. I occasionally blog. I sometimes take pictures. I love my wife and child. How can I compete with actual adventure? I wouldn't swap with Michael for all the anecdotes in an old adventurer's heart.

Ads that piss me off
It really makes me sick when they play ads for drugs on TV. Cold medicine, herpes, impotence, prostate trouble, feminine trouble, migraines, you name it, there is a pill or a very expensive treatment for it. I get tired of car commercials. Mobile phone ads are getting worse every minute. It is medicine being hocked next to toilet paper and the latest attempt at entertainment from Hollywood. Medicine just seems like it should be on a higher level.
Politics, however should be on a lower plane. Something that includes baseball bats, crowbars and a bunch of killers for hire all locked in a prison until only one is left standing.

No comments: