It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-04-19

Disclaimer
I say what I feel, and I don't care if you don't like it. These are things I have wanted to put out there for a while. I can't help myself. I'm exorcising my constitutional rights to bitch. If you don't like it you have the right to bitch too. Do not take any actions against me other than complaining.
If you are in a country where people don't have the right to bitch, well, odds are it is your own fault anyway.


immigration
The word immigration to me means you go through the system. I read somewhere that some folks are trying to say that the term "illegal immigrant" is a racial slur. Which race? What about the white illegal aliens from Russia and other points where , yes, white people don't have it all that great? Backwards shit-holes where they barely get sunshine like Kentucky come to mind. (kidding! I've never even been to Russia.)
I've been trying to avoid talking about this issue because I have very strong feelings.

France
In France right now there is a bad problem with people in ethnically polarized neighborhoods (slums) surrounding Paris. The problem is those people are Middle Eastern and don't want to be French. They want to turn France into a suburb of the Middle East and have the same kinds of law. You know, where women can't drive or own property. They say it is because there are no jobs. Well, then stop coming to France. Apparently, being unemployed in France is better than setting foot in the Middle East, in most situations, not all. I'm sure someone will put up an argument on that point. There have been riots and shutdowns. Someone was saying there are no-go areas in the neighborhoods outside Paris. The president of France has given in on every single point so far. I have a feeling They are going to have to rename the place pretty soon to Bendover.
The press in France keeps blaming the government for not having enough jobs for the mass of immigrants that poor into the country. The "Muslim youths" keep rioting. They are not even all Muslim. Some people are just misfit hangers-on who want to get on the news or to set a car on fire.

The Words
Belgium has had some problems too. A famous film maker named Van Gogh, yes related to the Van Gogh, was murdered on the street in cold blood by a Muslim "activist". I have to say some one who commits out and out murder should be called something stronger than "activist". Toe me an activist is someone who straps them selves to a tree or the front door of a building and is willing to be arrested. Perhaps someone who writes or makes noise should be called an activist. People who kill for their cause had better be in a uniform, or it is murder.
I feel ashamed of the American media taking the sides of the bad guys against our own soldiers. The war has to be won at home before it will be one abroad. I think a president said that once. It is still true today. Calling people on the other side by words that are in the least bit sympathetic is not helping the over all effort. "freedom fighters", "rebels", "activists" are not things you call your enemy.
Why does the U. S. media have a problem with the U. S. government? They have butted heads a couple of times, but not much more than say the unions or the car industry. I think it is because they are on the ground together. The media has to deal with government officials on a daily basis. They are both out to out do the other. Government wants to keep the country running and any time a single member of a government body screws up, the press is all over it. That is because it sells ads.

Borders
No country in the world has as open borders as the U. S. I bet that statement is true. Any one who wants to come here can get in it seems. Just the other day there was a story about sending more troops to the borders to shore things up. I constantly hear about electronic fences and robot planes flying back and forth to spot the illegals on their journey. What has come of it? 150000 protesters waving Mexican flags walking through the streets of LA. Every one of them complaining about the treatment they get in this country. Things like emergency medical coverage, free education for their kids, the list goes on. I would like to make it against the law to be in this country illegally and go to school. If you don't deport the people here illegally, you go to jail. That would cause an underground, but it would stem the tide too.
Every twenty five years or so it seems like we have an amnesty of some kind. Is this just the way things are going to go forever? Are we going to just let them in and do nothing? The whole world is going industrial. The U. S. is way out on the front of that curve. It is only natural that any one who doesn't want to wait for the changes to take effect back home will want to go to one of the bleeding edge places to make a living. It is less work for more return. It makes sense. Do it through the proper channels or don't do it.
I don't think we need a bunch of new laws. We don't enforce the laws that are on the books now. If people have it in their heads to do something regardless of the law, you have to physically stop them. Remember, many of these folks are coming from countries that are corrupt to the pint of not being able to feed your family.

Assimilation vs Adaptation
Adaptation is what happens first. Someone comes here and finds a job. They find a place to stay. They figure out how to live. They may bring others along. They probably settle in a sympathetic neighborhood where people still speak the old tung to help them adapt to the community.
Assimilation is becoming part of our country. This takes time and effort. I was not a full member of this society until I was either 18 or 21 years old. Those were the last age hurtles that limited me in a significant manor. At that point, I was assimilated.
If people were more encouraged to assimilate things might be different. However, people do not want to assimilate. They want to stay with the surroundings they know. That is normal human condition. We, as a species are highly adaptable, but we don't like assimilating it seems. The idea here is to make adaptation more difficult and make assimilation easier.
I can't swear to it, but that seems like what this worker program that Bush touts wants to do. I can't read that stuff without falling asleep so I just plane don't know.

Jobs Americans Don't Want
The official unemployment level in the U. S. is pretty low right now. If memory serves it is like 4.7 %, which is not bad. That figure does not include a bunch of people like teenagers looking for part time work in the Summer and displaced workers who have had to change occupations because they lost their job.
I've heard the same argument over and over that the illegals do jobs that Americans don't want. Well, Americans have to pay income tax. If you make $3.75 an hour and don't pay any income tax it is more like making $6.00 an hour or so. I'm pulling these numbers out of the air, but you get the idea.
When people employ illegals, they should be forced to pay the taxes. Find them and tax the crap out of them. Hit them with penalties, fines and interest. I used to be highly against the idea of VAT taxes. Now I don't know. They might help flees the masses of untaxed illegals. At least, that would level the playing ground a bit. That is, if income tax goes away. HA!! I said a funny.

Solutions?
Got me. I'm lost. I do not know what I'm talking about. here are some ideas I've heard knocked around.
# Enforce immigration laws.
# Build a real fence and a no man's land on the border.
# Extend the turnaround of illegals from a couple of weeks to a couple of years.
# Start throwing people in jail who harbor illegals.
# Change public opinion on the matter of "Americans don't want these jobs.". The wages will rise if no one will do it for so cheap.
Those are a good place to start.

2 comments:

Kristie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristie said...

Tag!

Sorry to tag you, but it's your own fault because you're interesting! The Suburban Goddess has requested your presence at her blog...