It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-02-03

Morning
It was a strange last day of work. I've been at that company for nine years. I walked in this morning and did my time sheet. Then, I restaged my computer (formated the hard drive and took it back to the day it came in) and gave it to the next person who needs it. Then I left. I walked out at a smidgen after 8:00. It was cool and clear outside. The birds were chirping. The air smelled clean. The people on the bus seemed tired and dreary. I hate how the folks on the bus seem so defeated. I feel good. I have something I have not had in a while when it comes to career and work. I have hope. I was alone for a long time. Then I met Nat and Elle. I worked at the old company for nine years. They were great to me. The company had some bad ideas, but the people made up for it. I really think I stayed this long for the people.
I've threatened to stay in touch with folks at my old job. "old Job" That sounds funny. It feels like an old job. I am so ready to move on. I hope to stay in touch with most folks over there. I'll send out an email probably tomorrow or something. Meanwhile, we are off to get the oil changed in the car and deliver a birthday card to my mom. It is Nat's mom's turn next Friday. That's kind of funny really.
For the moment, I'm officially unemployed. It's a happy unemployed though.

No comments: