It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-02-12

DynDNS
I use a service for my IP tracking. Di I need to explain what a dynamic IP is? I use DynDNS.org. It is free for the amateur user and seems to work pretty well. The thing is, you need to run a service on one of your servers that stays on all the time to keep telling DynDNS.org what your IP is if it has changed. I had a crappy one for windows for a while, then I found a nice one thanks to the guys at T-Pro. I found a little command line program called INADYN. The main thing I like about it is it compiled on the first try. It looks like it will work off the showroom floor. Yay me. This allows me to replace my one Windows server with a Linux box. I will use Fedora Core 4 because it is basically what we use at work. I may have to dump Ubuntu for it on my main machine.

No comments: