It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-02-08

Day 3
Day 3 was an improvement. I learned without feeling completely useless and a drag on every one around me. I actually got something to compile and run from code in Linux. I made a modification to the code with a great deal of help from others  I then got it back in the repository. This might work out after all.
So, what am I doing at the new job you ask. I could tell you, but then I would have to track you all down and make you sign a non-disclosure agreement. I write programs that test data. It is terrificly boring unless you are an uber geek like me.
Today is my 37th birthday. I got calls from old friends. Nat, my mom and Josh rememberd my birthday. A couple others had to be prodded. I called some of the folks from the old job just to keep in touch. I really need to get that email together with my contact info and an update on how things are going. I may post some of the responses. Maybe not.
I like the new digs. I like the window office even though we keep the blinds closed. I like the people. They are all smart and driven. They are mostly geeks too. That helps I think.
Nat, Elle and I went to Chilli's to celebrate my birthday. Elle ended up with a corn on the cob. They put one stick in the cob and expect people to be able to eat it. I wish I had a video of Elle wrestling with that thing for ten minutes before I took pity on her and stuck the stick out of my cob in the other end of her corn. She gobbled it up like a typewriter after that.
Well, it is off to fill out insurance and 401K paperwork.

1 comment:

obiwanchunn said...

Dagnabit

You coulda told me it was your birthday when we went to lunch Wednesday!

Well, lunch is on me tomorrow.

All 30+ year old men don't have birthdays, we just age.