It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-01-14

Wal-Mart People
Nat and I just went to Wal-Mart at 1:00 in the morning. We needed cat litter and bread. We ended up spending $100 on all kinds of groceries. I didn't even get any chocolate milk. We grabbed a mat thing that says "Please wipe your paws" to put in front of the cat box. We got a bunch of those meals ready to cook that you put in the crock pot.
While there, we ran in to a guy who helped ups track down the mat. He was hauling a ladder around in one department and helped us find something in a different section of the store. When he didn't know where something was, he asked one of the other employees for us. That was kind of nice.
Lately, I've been hearing all kinds of folks bash Wal-Mart for their employment practices. Wal-Mart does twist the arm of suppliers to get a better deal. Why not? They would be negligent to the stock holders if the best deal possible was not pursued. People complain that Wal-Mart kills all the other local employers and small businesses. That is a particularly bad thing when Wal-Mart then pulls out of that market and leaves a husk of a local economy.
The guy who helped us was nice. Most of the folks there were working on restocking the shelves. I hated stocking. I worked at Randal's a million years ago. Yuck. No health at all. No benefits. Where I work now, I don't get any benefits to speak of. I'm able to beat their medical everywhere I look. I can't get child coverage for less than $650 a month. That is more than I pay in rent.
I'm rambling. Sorry. Hopefully, I'll have something more coherent later.

No comments: