It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-01-11

VoIP and Terrorism
I'm sure you have heard all the hub-bub over getting a warrant before listening in on phone calls overseas. I think I have figured out what is really going on. There are people driving (and flying) around out there with their notebook hooked up to an antenna. They are searching for insecure WiFi connections. The practice is called War Driving. Well, I've figured it out.
What is happening is the bad guys are driving around and attaching to networks in neighborhoods and businesses. They are using equipment available on the open market. Maybe it is modified, maybe it is straight off the shelf. They probably don't stay attached to any one network for more than a minute. That means as they move around, they may hit a hundred different IP addresses in a short period of time. That means the NSA would only have a few seconds to get a warrant to tap that personal IP address and infiltrate the law abiding citizen's network.
I'm a dumb-ass and this is obvious to me.
Does that make more sense? Does that clear things up a bit? Shut up about it. Give the NSA a break. They have to deal with new shit every five minutes. I think there are 35,000 people working for the NSA in one way or another. They are all busting their ass to prevent the bad guys from killing my family and yours.

No comments: