It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-01-16

Frigging MLB
Basically, Major League Baseball wants a bigger piece of Fantasy Baseball leagues and their money. The argument is whether or not statistics become historical fact instantly after the game, or much later. Who owns it when? Who can prophet off it at a given time. Blah blah blah.

This leads me to a question I can't answer -- what on earth prompted baseball to adopt such a hard-line position on an issue it knows it probably can't win in the courts?

I was never a big baseball fan. First came the strike. That pissed me off from being able to sit through a game. I'll do it if there are friends involved. I even bought a couple hats and other crap that I didn't need. I don't play fantasy anything, but I am already sick of hearing the whining and I haven't even heard any yet.
MLB is a monopoly in my opinion and should be broken up. Each team should have to negotiate TV and other contracts. That should shut them up. Better yet, nationalize it and make the players get day jobs. you know, players used to have to have jobs to play baseball.

No comments: