It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-01-24

Fedora Core 3 Test
Well, so far so good. I found the accessibility settings and got it to at least read something to me out loud. It is not quite right, but I can probably figure out the details. I cannot get the update manager to respond half the time because the entire system needs to be updated from the install DVD. That just takes a while. I can wait. I cannot get the SMB shares to read. That is probably some kind of configuration. No VNC. I just have to find it or install it.
This OS looks pretty clean. I wish it had a better package manager. I miss Ubuntu's Synaptic Package system already. I understand Fedora Core 4 has a cool GUI for RPM. That doesn't help me right now.
Oy! The package up2date thing has a tiny little sliver under complete. This is going to go all night. I'm not sure I want to let it go that long.
Oh, well. Off I go. Nat is cooking something wonderful. Elle is ... helping. Life is good.

No comments: