It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-07-26

Realization
This afternoon, while weeping at my desk, I asked god the following. "God, please get me into a cool job that pays great that I enjoy." Why the hell do I mention the "enjoy" thing last? I have a potential choice coming up soon. It will be hard work, but it will be something that I have an investment in. It will be something that I have a say in. It will be something that means more than a paycheck to me. Will i enjoy it? Will I make it work? Or, will I screw it up like most of the other stuff in my life? Stay tuned.

Firefox Trouble
When you set Firefox to open new links in a new tab instead of a new browser (Who the hell wants 900 browsers open at the same time?) you get some funny results.
For example, When I open a new email in Gmail, it pops up in a window with no menu or buttons displayed. I'm tapping my email away and think "I sure would like to listen to some music while toiling away at this correspondence." and I jump over to Radio Paradise and click on the "listen" button. That causes the little pop-up window counting my email to load the page that loads the music feed.
"DAMN-IT!!" I exclaim. Which is something I would normally say in such a situation.
I figure I just lost my whole email and I'm not too happy about it. Which is something I would normally feel in such a situation.
I click on the "X" to close the window an the computer asks me "Do you want to close all the open tabs?". ... "Open tabs?" I ask myself.
There are no tabs showing in the window. That doesn't mean they are not there. I hit cancel and try the control-tab key and sure enough, there is my email.
Now, this is one of those things you will never find on the internet. This is a combination of cascading features also known as a cluster-fuck. These things happen in all software. They happen in all parts of life. There just isn't anything you can do about it, except sit back and laugh. Then, sue someone and try to make a couple of bucks. Happy surfing.

No comments: