It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-07-02

LOTR Exhibit
Wow! This was a lot of fun. We went to the Lord of the Rings Exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. It is well worth the price of admission. They have many of the costumes and armor. It is amazing the amount of detail that went into that stuff. Nat and I got a picture of what we might look like as Hobbits. I'll post it soon. I'm far too tired right now. She and I are abut to sit down and watch a movie. They also had a full size mock up of the cave troll. There was a smaller example (that was anatomically correct by the way) with it's arms stretched out. I moved to let some one by and the thing attacked me. Well, it stood there and I bumped my head into an outstretched claw.  It was highly impressive. There were props actually used in the filming and examples of the plastic chain mail they wrapped the actors in. Several pieces of the jewelery and head dress pieces were there. There were a couple of examples of how the special effects worked. One booth was a green screen that kids would stand in front of and the system would capture their live movements and display them as one of the characters on the screen in a fight.  Some of the artwork was breath taking. I must highly recommend taking the plunge if you can.

More to come. Things have been nuts.

Oh, We got the first car payment in the mail today. Yeah us. =]

No comments: