It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-07-14

Car Chase Survey

Steve McQueen's car chase scene in the 1968 movie "Bullitt" still ranks as the most popular car chase scene in Hollywood history, according to a survey.

Top ten car chases.
01) Bullitt
I agree.
02) The 2000 remake of the movie Gone in 60 Seconds,
No, I do not agree. It just didn't do it for me.
03) Smokey and the Bandit
Not even close.
04) The Blues Brothers
Will always hold a special place in my heart for some reason.
05) the original 1974 version of Gone in 60 Seconds
Because it was original, I agree.
06) The French Connection
Not really
07) Ronin
This one should have been higher in my opinion.
08) Vanishing Point
I haven't seen it.
09) the recent remake of The Italian Job
No, because it was unoriginal.
10) The Fast and Furious
Should not have been on the list.
Didn't make it in the top ten.
The Bourne Supremacy
Nice crashes, but not crunchy enough.
The Matrix Reloaded
Yes, it was cool, but it was just to contrived. It looked fake. It just didn't have that "this could happen to me" kind of feel.
Days of Thunder
The car chase sucked in my book. The car chase in Roger Rabbit should have been higher than this one.

Golf
I listen to the BBC at work. They had some golf tour on today. I hate golf. I've spoken with a guy who played golf for a living and he hated watching golf on TV. I can't imagine listening to it for fun. They would give some commentary on people playing live and then play fifteen minutes of interviews and people griping about rules or other players. It just sounds annoying to me. No thanks.

No comments: