It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-02-27

Weather
It has been reining all weekend. I remember one of the guys at work wanting good weather so he could take the family out on the boat. No such luck. It is cold. It was so pretty Friday, while I was at work. Isn't that always the way? I suppose It doesn't rain any more statistically on weekends than it does on weekdays. I wonder if the added exhaust of the commuter's cars somehow influence the weather patterns of the city. I remember reading the ambient temperature of cities dropped a degree or two when the flying ban happened just after 9/11.  In Summer it really does rain every afternoon at 3:30 near where I live. The weather pattern over Houston sucks gulf coast moisture inland. It just makes my area at about 3:30 pm.  I've noticed this only because I'm walking down the road to the bus stop at 3:30 pm. Nearly every typical Summer afternoon I notice thunderheads roaming around. It is nearly 5:00 am. I just looked outside. A happy couple just walked down the parking lot either to a car, or to an apartment. The rain stopped long enough for them.
Normally, I'm up by now. I get up at 4:30 and run off to work. It takes me 40 minutes to get to work. It is a ten minute trip in a car. Less than that if there is not traffic. It is interesting on mornings like this morning. The rain makes the world look different. The ground looks like it is hazy. The street lights look wavy. The trees wiggle around in the breeze like they are trying to dodge the drops. Sometimes the moon shows low.  The moon looks lost behind a heavy rain. It is cool when the moon is half hidden behind cloud. On cold days the ring around the moon is massive. The ice in the atmosphere on high makes a one color full circle rainbow.

No comments: