It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-02-10

Metro
Well, Metro jerked me around. I called in last night and they had no time listed for me today.

Nukes, Nukes Everywhere
Between North Korea and Iran, some people in the Western governments are loosing sleep. It scares the hell out of me that either of these countries have nukes.  North Korea swears it has Nukes. Iran is obviously going after Nukes. Oh, they say "we are only using the technology to produce energy." That is like saying you own a baseball bat just to play baseball, when you have never set foot on a baseball diamond, and every one knows you want to bash America's head in with it.

Hits
Cynthia's suggestions for getting hits on your blog. Cynthia's comments are in black. I've add some of my own comments in red.
The biggest factors I have noticed in my blog hits are:
1. POSTING! Regularly. When you post, you get put at the top of the "next blog" list for people hitting the Next Blog button. Also, people can see the last few minutes worth of updated blogs so you're likely to get stuff immediately after you publish. When I don't post for a while, like I haven't lately, my hits go waaaaay down.
I agree with this whole heartedly. This will keep people coming back too.
2. Linking - Link to other people's blogs and comment on them. They'll do trackbacks or go to your profile and then hit your blog. Be active on other people's blogs and they'll be active on yours. Put something in your blog description saying that people can become contributors by contacting you.
I need to do this myself. My numbers suffer because I don't follow through like Cynthia does.
3. Membership to blog-type groups. Blogroll, Bloglines, Technorati, Blogdex, etc. maintain lists of blogs and people look for content basedo on them.
4. Keywords. This is hard to control, because you don't want to write about stuff that's not relevant to you, but I get hits all the time when people search for MS 150, Saint Arnold, or Aussie Bushman Grill. This is hit or miss and almost accidental, but it drives traffic.
This is one that I've tried. I get sick every time I catch a hit coming in on the word "martegraw". Properly spelled Marti Gros by the way (It's French for "Fat (gros) Tuesday (Marti)").

Anna's Answer to All Life's Problems
Butterscotch Bars  
2/3 cup butter or marg.
2 tsp. baking powder.
2 cups brown sugar.
1/4 tsp. salt.
2 eggs.
1 tsp. vanilla.
1 1/2 cups flour.
1/2 cup nuts (opt.)
Melt butter and add brown sugar.  When cooled, add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Spread and bake in a 9X13" pan for 30 min. at 350 degrees.

No comments: