It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-02-02

Meetings
Sometimes meetings work. I was listening to some of the people in one of the departments tell me how things were getting done. Something just didn't sound right. I called a meeting with some folks just to get it into my head what was going on. Now we have a plan to fix some broken stuff and some fair ideas for future expansion. Most of the time meetings get in the way of getting things done. Every now and then they at least feel productive. I think that was the first meeting I've called in like two years.

Million Dollar Baby
I watched that show recently. It is one of those Oscar movies. It was a very well done movie. It was also very depressing. I'm glad someone ruined it for me before I saw it. I would have been disappointed. That is just the way I am. I don't like depressing. The person who ruined it for me said "I walked out of the theater feeling like I should slit my wrists or something." That is why I asked them to tell me the ending. It is by far the best film I will not recommend.
Clint Eastwood made all those Filo Bedo movies in the seventies and eighties like "Any Which-Way but Loose" and some others with the same name, plot and cast. They were about a street fighter trying to make a go. They were comedies. I would not call them great films, but I watch them whenever they just randomly show up on the dial. He seems to have a thing about boxing movies. Well, Clint got it right, so he can stop trying.

No comments: