It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-02-14

Friend's Weekend
I'm boring. Here is a friend's weekend to read. Followed by three of her recommended recopies.

The Fox & Hound is LOUD. Not a good choice of place to catch up with 2 friends I hadn't talked to in a while. But it was a good time.
Saturday I got my hair done (3 hours - it's tough being a girl!) and the went to Benihana (fun, and not that expensive like everyone was saying. Meals start at $15 and go to just below $30, which includes soup, salad, shrimp, vegetables, rice and green tea) and to see Anything Goes, a really good musical. They had a neat set -- it was set on a cruise ship and they had a set that rotated with the bow of the ship and then an interior room. When they would rotate it, there would be a funny scene going on in the room on the side of the ship. We stayed at the bar at the Hobby Center until about midnight.
Yesterday I went on a cleaning rampage and poor Wyatt got caught in the crossfire. All he had to do was scrub the patio furniture, the screens and the windows. I did the kitchen, bathroom, moved the living room furniture to vacuum under, laundry, moved the bed to vacuum under, etc, etc, etc. Once my place is clean, I'm buying recliners. That's a good incentive.


Cooking is easy. people just think it's hard. There are only about 5 techniques, and then you just mix them up. Nowadays there are a lot of easy-prep meals at the grocery store. Here's a recipe for you:
Shrimp or Crawfish ettouffee
in a big saucepan (I'd say medium, but probably the biggest one you have) add:
one can cream of mushroom soup (I don't like mushroom so I use cream of chicken)
one can of cream of celery soup
one can of Rotel tomatoes
one small little jar of minced garlic
put on stove on medium high (like # 8)
in ANOTHER pot, boil some water.
Add two pouches of Success brand boil-in-bag rice
in 10 minutes, remove from heat.
Add a package of (thawed) frozen pre-cooked shrimp or crawfish to pot #1.
Pour the water out of pot #2, shake the water off the bags-o-rice, do a quick rinse of the pot (not with the rice!)
Pour the rice from the bags into the semi-clean pot and add some butter, stir.
By that time, the shrimp or crawfish should be warmed up. If you'd like, add butter, Tabasco, Chohola, other seasoning.
Get bowl, add rice, ettouffee & spoon and smile.
Lighting a candle is optional, but suggested.


Recipe #2
Cooking Directions - Bring 3-1/4 cups of water (for saucier product, add an extra 1/4 cup water) and 1 tablespoon margarine (optional) to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice mix. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. (10 minutes in, add the sausage) Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes. Stir before serving.


Recipe #3 (the easy one)
Buy a bag of Mahatma brand red beans and rice (it comes in a bag that's tube-shaped) and a package of link sausage or polska kelbasa. Follow the directions on the bag.


Hillbilly Valentine

Hillbilly Redneck Frenchman Valentine Poem

Collards is green,
my dog's name is Blue
and I'm so lucky
to have a sweet thang like you.

Yore hair is like cornsilk
a-flapping in the breeze.
Softer than Blue's
and without all them fleas.

You move like the bass,
which excite me in May.
You ain't got no scales
but I luv you anyway.

Yo're as satisfy'n as okry
jist a-fry'n in the pan.
Yo're as fragrant as "snuff"
right out of the can.

You have some'a yore teeth,
for which I am proud;
I hold my head high
when we're in a crowd.

On special occasions,
when you shave under yore arms,
well, I'm in hawg heaven,
and awed by yore charms.

Still them fellers at work,
they all want to know,
what I did to deserve
such a purdy, young doe.

Like a good roll of duct tape
yo're there fer yore man,
to patch up life's troubles
and fix what you can.

Yo're as cute as a junebug
a-buzzin' overhead.
You ain't mean like those far ants
I found in my bed.

Cut from the best cloth
like a plaid flannel shirt,
you spark up my life
more than a fresh load of dirt.

When you hold me real tight
like a padded gunrack,
my life is complete;
Ain't nuttin' I lack.

Yore complexion, it's perfection,
like the best vinyl sidin'.
despite all the years,
yore age, it keeps hidin'.

Me 'n' you's like a Moon Pie
with a RC cold drank,
we go together
like a skunk goes with stank.

Some men, they buy chocolate
for Valentine's Day;
They git it at Wal-Mart,
it's romantic that way.

Some men git roses
on that special day
from the cooler at Kroger.
"That's impressive," I say.

Some men buy fine diamonds
from a flea market booth.
"Diamonds are forever,"
they explain, suave and couth.

But for this man, honey,
these won't do.
Cause yor'e too special,
you sweet thang you.

I got you a gift,
without taste nor odor,
more useful than diamonds...
IT'S A NEW TROLL'N MOTOR!!
From Bratt

No comments: