It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-02-26

Blog Surfing
The last couple of days I've been surfing. This means hitting the "next blog" button at the top of my blog page. I use my blog page every time because that way people who view their web page tracking information. That way, I get some back hits. Something else I've caught myself doing is leaving comments on people's blogs. When I read a blog entry that isn't half bad, I hate to see "0 Comments" at the bottom. It drives me nuts. They should get some feedback. I like getting feedback (hint).

Things I've noticed
I have noticed a couple of strange things. (based solely on my opinion.)
* Good blogs have more comments.
* Good blogs have pictures people took themselves.
* Good blogs make sense more often than not.
* Bad blogs seem to have plenty of hits regardless of content.
* Bad blogs use too many ellipsis points.
* Bad blogs have lots of pictures of stuff people took off the net.
* Bad blogs have lots of "stuff" all over the place and no content.
There are some really horrible attempts at communication in the blog-sphere. There are some really well composed writings too. Some people have a flair for evil. Some comment on a boring day and make it sound like a feature film.

2 comments:

pat said...

Wow! That list you wrote up makes so much sense, and I'm definitly stealing your "next" button strategy! I'm the same way about leaving comments, because I hate to see someone who pours everything into writing their blog and then, for all they know, no one is reading it. Even leaving a little comment can make someone feels better, kinda like in that terrible movie "Pay it Forward"... Well, maybe not, but you know what I mean. And man, was that movie ever terrible.

Kyle Smith said...

How about a reciprocal comment?

Thanks a lot for your note on my 'blot. Even though I write for myself, it is nice to know that someone has read it. I could be getting 2 million hits a day (yeah, right!) and not know it if no one comments. Keep up the good work, and we may just name you the "Blogger Morale Officer." :-D