The last couple of days I've been surfing. This means hitting the "next
blog" button at the top of my blog page. I use my blog page every time
because that way people who view their web page tracking information.
That way, I get some back hits. Something else I've caught myself doing
is leaving comments on people's blogs. When I read a blog entry that
isn't half bad, I hate to see "0 Comments" at the bottom. It drives me
nuts. They should get some feedback. I like getting feedback (hint).
Things I've noticed
I have noticed a couple of strange things. (based solely on my opinion.)
* Good blogs have more comments.
* Good blogs have pictures people took themselves.
* Good blogs make sense more often than not.
* Bad blogs seem to have plenty of hits regardless of content.
* Bad blogs use too many ellipsis points.
* Bad blogs have lots of pictures of stuff people took off the net.
* Bad blogs have lots of "stuff" all over the place and no content.
There are some really horrible attempts at communication in the
blog-sphere. There are some really well composed writings too. Some
people have a flair for evil. Some comment on a boring day and make it
sound like a feature film.