It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-13

Resume
I'm trying to write my resume. How do you sit down and tell God knows who to hire you over every one else in the world? Every job I've ever gotten has been through networking, not a resume. All the jobs I've gotten, I've interviewed in genes and a t-shirt. They always said "Can you come right now?" I'm typing bits and removing bits. It is kind of fun. If I were writing some one else's resume it would be more fun. I realize how crappy my experience is. I know what I'm doing. I would be a handy addition to an IT or support firm. I'm not sure how to say it.

Overnet
Overnet is the P2P software I use to download stuff. I'm not interested in taking any money out of any one's pocket. I'm just board.  You have to be careful if you try the software. You will find many trojan horses and fakes. A trojan horse is a program that inflicts a virus, or hacking software on your computer. A fake is a movie or other data file that is not what it says on the box (file name).  Just typing in a search can return some scary results, most of which are false files. There is a better way to look for files. Some kind soles have put together web pages catering to people searching on Overnet. The most popular of all time was ShareReactor. Unfortunately, this page no longer exists. The kid who ran it got in trouble with his mom, and the Swiss authorities. The creator has a new forum page, but I can't get it to come up. There are other sites still running. ShareConnector has a list of files interface. ShareProvider has a list interface as well. FileDonkey has a search interface. The advantage of using these sites over the search in Overnet is the odds that a given file is a fake is pretty rare when obtained from the web pages. Overnet search just searches anything that comes along. The web pages allow for fake blocking.
I've found a couple of good videos on Overnet. Several are from war plane cameras. I keep running searches for war video. I don't know where this stuff comes from, but it it riveting. Pretty scary stuff. One thing that drives me nuts, is how young the solders sound on the videos.

Firearm information.
I stumbled across this site. It is basically everything you ever wanted to know about firearms. I thought I was a knowledgeable gun-nut. I'm learning all kinds of new stuff.

No comments: