It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-28

Fucking Atheists
Will these guys stop beating a dead horse. This guy's ex-wife wants her daughter to recite the pledge. The father does not want her to recite the pledge. I wonder what the kid wants. She is mentioned only in passing. Bunch of winy little twits.

Degree
I don't have a degree. That is killing my job prospects. Everywhere I look, the first thing people ask for is your transcript. There is going to come a time in the U. S. pretty soon where those without a degree will not be able to afford to get one for themselves or their children. This will bring on a society separated into the educated and the unwashed. About one in five adults have a degree in the U. S.. Right now this country is separated by economic methods. It may not matter in the future how much you make, but where you went to school, and how far you went.
My day job will not hire you without a degree. I don't think any one outside of hands-on construction has been hired as a direct employee in a long time.
It isn't that I feel empty or unfulfilled without a degree. I just don't think I'm ever going to make it anywhere in today's society without one. I will always be a tech. I will always be underpaid. I will always do the work while some one with a degree tells me to do it. All the while dangling a 3% a year carrot in front of me, then hit me with a 6% pay cut so they can make their bonus.
I can fake it. Where can I pay $5000 and get a degree from fly-by-night U? I need to go back to school. I need to get a degree. I need to find the strength. I need to make myself focus. I want to be that guy who gets it done, makes it right.

No comments: