It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-09

Cynthia's blog
What happened to Cynthia has happened to me, and not just on Blogger. She was typing in a long entry in the Blogger web form when she hit the preview link. The preview came up fine. At this point there is a way back to edit the screen without loosing data. However, she wanted to test out a link she had put on her page. The instant her successful link popped up, all her work was gone. When she tried to go back to the edit screen, her effort had vanished.
This is highly discouraging. I have noticed similar methods all over the web. When entering data into a form on the Internet, it is pot luck whether your data will be there if there is a hiccup in the system. In the past two weeks I have had PayPal fail on me twice when trying to order items from TigerDirect. I ended up having to use a credit card both times.
When she sent me the email, I pulled the male thing and tried to offer her advice instead of sympathy. I just can't take my own advice. I've had this kind of thing happen to me so much, that I use Mozilla Composer to prepare my entries for Blogger before publishing. That and the lack of a spell checker in the Blogger editor make me use an external editor..

Gmail
I have a couple of invites for Gmail. I sent out an email for requests, but I have not received any responses. The first two guys I sent the invite too were obvious choices. I knew they would jump at the opportunity. Now, I'm down the list a bit. I sent out about 10 requests and only one person responded with a "what is Gmail?" email. That's fine. I don't want to send the request out to any one who doesn't want it. If you want it write me at zhsy00001 at Gmail.com. It is first come first serve. I think I have three to give. All I want in return is a promise that you will tell your mother you love her.

No comments: