It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-04

Coffee
It isn't just caffeine. It isn't just the sugar. It is that, and the people who I share my addiction with. We walk to the coffee and chat. We fix our coffee the way we like it. We drink it down and talk about our day. We make plans for lunch. We exchange our thoughts one work and family. The world holds nothing we cannot conquer as long as we have coffee to sip while hashing out our plots and plans. It is not the people in the group. It is not the group of people. It is the comradery. It is the act of group. It is the fun in talking to one another. If there is not some enjoyment, even in labor, people will do something else.

Office
I have a thermostat in my office. It doesn't help me in any way because of the politics surrounding the whole temperature issue in an office. Some guy came through recently and opened up the vents. It seems there are two levels of temperature in my office now. Sweat my balls off, or hang meat. My mother reads this, but I'm not going to clean that one up. She used to work here and probably knows what I'm talking about. The politics enter in because the thermostat in my office controls about five offices. The whole little block of offices in my island are tethered to the little box on my wall. It is not like I'm a tyrant or anything. I suppose I should hang a sign with the names of those whom to consult before you jack with the numbers. Women are the worse. They complain no matter what the temperature is, or is not. "It's too hot." "It's too cold." "I can't feel my legs." Nothing but complaints. I don't care. Change the setting. If any one complains to me I'm giving them your name.

Night Vision Monocular
Well, I received the night vision monocular. I would tell you how cool it is, but it takes a funky CR2 battery. They are pretty common, but they are only sold as camera supplies. I found them online. It looks like Best Buy sells them for frigging $9.99. They average about $5 online. If I get a couple, the shipping won't be too bad each. It sure would be nice if I could run down the street and pick one up though. This is one of those times it sucks to not drive.
The Monocular is made in Russia. That is kind of cool in itself. I started looking the batteries up online and I found them all over the place in Europe. I bet they are like AAs over the pond.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

"It's not the people in the group?"

Come on, don't kid yourself. We're fun to be around. ;)