It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2020-10-23

First Bitcoin adventure

Just committed my first Bitcoin Translation. From start to finish. I made a donation to a place committed to free speech. An unpopular chive these days. It only took me a month to get setup and make it happen.

Process

  • Get a wallet
  • Use an exchange to buy Bitcoin
    • Go though verification process.
    • Decide they charge too much
  • Go to second exchange
    • Go though verification process.
    • Figure out they will just not take your debit card.
    • Call bank, everything's fine.
  • Go back to first exchange
    • Pay the higher fees
    • Send Bitcoin to wallet
  • Go to place you  wanted  to  donate to
    • Jump back and forth with copy and paste
    • Click send
  • Bob's your uncle
When I started this mess, Bitcoin was about 15% lower than it is now. So, I paid record high exchange rates. Blah. I only wanted to do the one translation. Now my left over couple of  bucks in the account that i got for margin (that was absolutely necessary) Will probably drop at least the 15% that it has risen in the last week.

Cost of  being  Kelly.

No comments: