It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2019-02-20

Blog Blockquotes

I took a few minutes today and attempted to make a nice blockquote for my blog. I’ve been toying with it now for a couple days. It turns out the blockquote on my blog is part of the template and impossible to change the background color. I fought for a bit cursing the automatic realignment of the HTML every time you save anything. I then figured out the background color is in fact different. it is slightly lighter on the actual finished published blog entry. It works for someone on a good screen. My PC, which is where I have viewed the blog up to now sucks at the subtleties of web design. The work Mac however, seems to pick out the slight shift in pallet.

Part of playing with the blockquote includes putting in the right justified link at the bottom of the quote. I insiste it is in the same quote block. I have figured out the following order to operations to get the link and text to show up properly.
  • Put in a couple line breaks
  • In the middle of the line breaks, paste my text
  • Highlight the text and remove formatting
  • Put the link in the bottom of the area that will be the blockquote
  • Highlight the text and the link and click block quote
  • Highlight just the link and hit right justify.
If only it were easy. You would think with a modern blog the idea of inserting a source link would be intuitive. I mean the EU has laws talking about linking to source material. Trust me, I have to know this stuff even though I do not work in that field.

No comments: