It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-12-05

Diet

I’m thinking of not eating on Tuesdays and Fridays. That is, I would eat a dab of breakfast and a snack sized dinner on those days. I plan on eating normally on every other day of the week. This is a new diet that scientists somewhere have suggested saying our hunter gatherer heritage would lend itself to this sort of skipping meals diet. We are programmed to over consume when available in order to successfully survive lean times. If only this were true with money.

Over the last couple years I’ve spoken with other men who have given me anecdotal evidence that this skipping meal plan has worked for them in the past. Now I’ve heard some one give an interview on NPR I think it was saying they are actually studying the effects of skipping means and indeed days of eating on the human body and attitude.

It turns out that people don’t get angry at skipping meals. They get angry when they are forced out of obtaining a mail by work or someone screwing them out of it in some way. If people make the decision themselves and remember they will eat normally tomorrow, they don’t get irritable.

There is a myth that your blood sugar is not in your control. After a couple weeks of doing this, the body adapts and quits with the whole hands shaking thing. If you are doing manual labor, then eat something for goodness sake. If you have hypoglycemia or something like that, eat something. For the most part a healthy person should be able to adapt without a lot of trouble.

I’ll post here how it goes of course.

No comments: