It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-05-09

Lunch Conversation

Well, some sails guy showed up and dominated the entire hour focusing completely on work stuff. Anyone tried to bring up anything non work and this guy would sledgehammer us back to his impromptu planning meeting. Ugh! I need to figure out who this guy is and avoid him in future lunches.

  • What features are due in which products and when? Why are you laughing?
  • Why didn’t we design in this other functionality? You wanted too, but you were told to do it differently?
  • You have to think about how the competition is going to make us look to the customer.
  • I know we can’t promise X, but our competition does. I know it is physically impossible. That isn’t how marketing works.
  • We lost a bunch of sales people when specific decisions were made.

There was a bunch more, but I blocked most of it out. If this guy becomes a regular, I’ll save a lot of money.

No comments: