It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-09-05

Movie
I'm watching Reservoir Dogs. This show is all about choices. It is a cliché that our lives are just one long line of choices. They make up who we are. They determine whether we go to heaven or hell. They decide how much money we make. The whole bit. I could make a choice of finishing my program or watching a movie I've seen fifteen times. Well, guess which I'm doing.
Work was nuts. I had to call in a vendor to fix their own software. It turns out they had updated a database for some guy named Mike at our our company. We ended up identifying the trouble and I put up a quick fix for the weekend. I'll double check everything Monday. That was a choice. I made it and now come the consequences.
Last night I came home and collapsed. By the time I got home, I was so wiped out that I couldn't see straight. (even less so than normal.) I was in la-la land by 6:30. That was a choice.
These two choices along with a bunch of others mean that I haven't completed the backup program that I started more than two weeks ago. I'm out of excuses. I chose to make it work this weekend or else. Or else, I'll call in sick Monday and do it. It is so difficult to come home and get work done. I don't know how the other guys do it. They have families and other responsibilities to attend too.
OK, I started working on the program.

Psudocode 101
Psudocode is a list written logically that kind of looks like code. It won't run in any fashion. It might look like the following.
####
Check for this (15 lines of code)
If this is good then (5 lines of code)
Do this (50 lines of code)
Else
Do something else (10 lines of code)
End IF
Get user information (25 lines of code)
Verify user's information (100 lines of code)
Write user information to the database (10 lines of code)
####

I have 350 lines of code so far. There isn't a bunch left. I have the psudocode from Tom. It is a great help. Tom wrote a section that helps scan a log file. That hundred or so lines of code including comments which translates into three lines in the psudocode. That's how psudocode works. There are two hundred lines in the psudocode. I mentioned before that I'm having trouble following some one else's vision of the program. I'm coming to terms with it.

Maryann was the only one on the island I wanted to rescue.

No comments: