It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-12-04

Notes


Humankind still not destroyed by Human inaction, action or artificial intelligence run amok. We have not yet been hit by an act of God or galactic indifference. I await that which tomorrow brings.

Between adventures with homeless people this past week and listening to stories of some space adventurers stuck on a very long and dull journey through space they should not have made, I’m thinking my life is not so bad. When Humankind adventures in to space, the bad thing is we will still be there.

I didn’t make lunch today. I had an excuse all ready to use that my ankle hurt too much to walk to anywhere except the bathroom, but no one asked me to go.

At some point I thought I would write something. I was wrong. I just don’t have in me that thing that lets me put something down that makes sense. See? I might try my hand at a Discworld short story. Maybe even just a conversation between a couple characters.

One of our new servers
>$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       396876544 kB [That is 48 8G sticks of RAM, roughly]
...
>$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
...
processor : 63 [That is the 64th core listed [hyperthreaded]]
...
We use this box for VMs. I do not know what we paid for it.

I currently work for a company with hundreds of thousands of people working for it worldwide. It is easier looking people up here than at the company I worked for before (that was bought by the big one) that had about 100 people working for it. This is the power of an intranet.

When I started using Evernote, I thought I would hit 1000 notes in no time.  I planned on putting most every web page I hit in the database. Well, I have done. It turns out I hit a lot of web pages over and over again. This saddens me. I am not deep. I have over 500 notes. I find Evernote indispensable. I do not even get close to my byte limit for the free version. This is the only software I’ve considered buying on the internet to date.

The only indictment in the Garner case is the guy who shot the video. Shooting the video is what drew attention to him during the affair. If you are going to record the police, better have someone videoing you from down the street.

More on Garner case splitting people. Well, it is really the media and politicians not letting a crisis go to waist.

More on Gruber. Not sure what this will come to, but some say it undermines the Supream Court case coming up soon.

Fraze of the day: gild the lilly - Try to improve upon something that is already beautiful or functional or in its best form.

No comments: