It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-09-25

Notes

Thoughts
The walk in this morning was pleasant. no one tried to kill me. The mosquitoes were absent. The ground was mostly dry. The grass was not too tall. I didn’t trip over any limbs or garbage on the side of the road. The temperature was bearable. It wasn’t raining. The sun wasn’t even in my eyes.

I got home yesterday after work and fired up my laptop. The last I heard at work was there was going to be a build. I checked for the build, but none had started and no one had tried to contact me about it. My laptop complained about some updates so I kicked them off. By the time they completed and asked me to reboot, I was nodding off. I shut the laptop down and went to bed. I was out by 20:30. When I got up this morning, I didn’t feel any more or less “I want to go back to bed”ish than normal.

Links
Trust but verify” came up in conversation this morning. I find myself using this with Elle.

Very cool. Some kids in a science fair project save the world from starving to death. I hope they have a patent on it.

Go IBM. Where the hell are these things? I can’t find them in Wal-Mart.

It has begun. Well, no. And it is really rude to speak of ill people like that.

Ukraine closing border with Russia and applying for UN membership. Well, I thought they had already done both of these things. Learn something every day.


Race riots coming to DC (hopefully not).

Holder bails. Thank Christ! This guy has done nothing but carry water for a dictator.


Miss a payment, your car won’t start. This has been around for a while.

Firearms in the home

At lunch today one of the topics we covered was guns at home and late night paranoia. I wanted to bring up the fact that people who drink suffer from far worse late night paranoia. Our little group had the symptoms of continuing to dream when they get up. I’ve done that. People who drink suffer from this more often and with more intensity I’m told.

Oddly, no one said that guns should not be allowed in homes. Some chose to have guns and some chose to not have guns. That is how it is supposed to work.

Of course, then we started telling stories of why we think the way we do. One person came home late and their dad answered the door with a gun in his hand. I got up in the middle of the night investigating a strange thumping noise and it turned out to the the dog digging in the tub for water.

Some of the people were very worried about a firearm in their home being used against them. This is statistically insignificant, but is believed to be a real problem by people who do not do any homework on the subject.. The anti gun rights lobby has been highly successful with this unbackable argument. More people are run over by their own car than shot with their own gun. You have to be careful when looking in to it because some suicides go down on the books as accidental shootings. Also, some attempted murders are also marked as accidents after the adrenalin has ebbed.

No comments: