It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-07-18

Notes

2014-07-17
Listened to an old radio show (Johnny Dollar) about a king cobra. They distracted the snake by playing the flute. The trouble is, it is not the music of the flute that distracts the snake. It is the motion of the end of the flute. Watcha snake charmer some time. Snakes cannot really hear the flute at all. Their sense of hearing works much differently than that of we humans. How do I know this fact? I don’t remember ever learning it. I picked it up somewhere.

One of these old radio shows said “Any unsolved crime is perfect.” I disagree. The perfect crime is no crime at all. The perfect crime is never found out. A crime that is known and unsolved is simply in stasis. I say there is no perfect crime. There are simply imperfect crime solvers.

I attempted to video the person who honks at me this morning. I got the camera raised, but I’m not sure ifI got anything worth looking at. I ll check it when I get to the house.

“That joke about the farmer’s daughter and the salesmen ...” There are like 100. I’ve heard at least 10. I can remember none.

Lunch conversation
  • Weather
    • Raining outside.
    • Walking to lunch regardless of the weather.
    • Weather in places where everyone else worked in their careers.
    • The rain.
    • How wet we were getting
    • Which way had more awnings, fewer puddles
  • Work
    • Projects at work
    • Dodging attending meetings
    • How I use our (work) GUI
  • IBM and Apple doing something together that no one quite grasps.
  • Telephone Road and it’s history. We still don’t know where  the name came from.
    • By “working class” they pretty much mean “shit hole”

No comments: