It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-05-28

Notes

2014-05-27
The walk in this morning was wet. Fortunately, I made it to the bus stop and indeed on the bus before the sky opened up. Just. I’m not kidding the drops were tinkling on the windshield as I stepped on the bus. The entire world is a huge blob of green for the rest of the day. Just from the door of the bus to the door of the building, I got wet even with a poncho on.

Has a guy on the bus ask me where I got my poncho. I told him Academy because I know he can track it down there or at the almighty Wal-Mart. I really bought this one online. A huge mistake. I do not like the design and the lack of length. The corners are over rounded which just equates in to a lack of coverage.

Memorial day is a day off in the UK. They call it a bank holiday. Not sure what that means beyond the banks being closed.

The Gulf War (1990) is often called The 100 Hour War.

There was no coffee in the cubby where the coffee snobs (me and a bunch of others make our coffee. I used normal coffee from the lunch room. The tiny bottle of milk I purchased last week had gone rotten. So, I stole a bit from someone else. I do feel a bit bad about that. It isn’t like I have a lock on my bottle. We are not supposed to do this. Still, I’ll fess up if caught.

I was listening to a radio show (via podcast) all about science when they had a story come up that started in 1978. They went around the room asking who was alive in 1978. One of the PhDs in the room had been alive in 1978. It was suitably depressing.

I’m listening to a book from the 1960s. It is pretty good, but there is definitely something different about how it is written. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but the story is told more though what people say than narrated by some invisible observer. Maybe that is just this book. The story is about international intrigue. Things were different before the internet put us all on the same block.

Food inflation. Yes, your wallet hurts for a reason.

No comments: