It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-05-30

Lies, damned lies and statistics. The walk in this morning was relatively dry. Considering all the rain we have had recently, that is a wondrous thing. I have to admit that the recent rain storms have not caught me in the morning. Normally that is the time I get nailed. I’m out in the open. I’ve been walking between the drops I suppose.

APM did a story on all the gadgets that have come and gone trying to help educate kids. They went through all kinds of things that required levers and buttons to be pushed. They all failed. TV didn’t really help.

To learn  is to be stressed out, made to feel stupid or inadequate, and overcoming this by gaming the system in your favor. This is true in math, history, language, writing, pouring concrete, driving a vehicle, flying a spaceship, not getting in a war with your neighbors and every other activity humans find themselves trudging through on a daily basis.

I say that to learn is to be humiliated. That is the way I felt in school anyway. If you submit to the humiliation, you get through school much easier.

Computer interfaces are just the opposite. I work for a company that deals with computer interfaces every day. The interfaces change via programming every day in order to allow humans not to have to learn anything. This is the same for stone tablets and iPads. Eventually, they get too easy to use. The things you are trying to teach become too easy. 2+2 is 4, No matter how many times you ask that question or how you present it to a human, they have to comprehend numbers in order to learn it.

No comments: