It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-04-09

Notes


Everybody talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it.

My head has been hurting for about a week straight. It is sinus issues. It is that time of year. Whatever is putting their pollen in the air right now really doesn’t like me.

People love breaking Linux. “I need to fix one script I run on a monthly basis so I will upgrade Python on my Linux box to prevent the need of updating the script.” This leads to every utility written in Python on the machine taking a massive shit all at once. Things like network configuration and user profile utilities throw errors. Do not upgrade or side grade or touch Python on a current major installation of Linux. Install your own copy of Python somewhere on the machine and point to it only when you run your one outdated script.

No comments: