It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-04-04

Notes


I keep finding new definitions for the following terms. They all make sense. If these concepts make sense to you on their own, congratulations. you have been blessed the concept of logic. If not, congratulations you are not burdened by the concept of logic.

Known knowns - Known and tested. (done and dusted)
Known unknowns - Known, but untested.
Unknown unknowns - Suspicions and speculations.

The CEO of JC Penney got a 97% paycut. That brings him down to about 1.9 million a year. I could live with that for a while I think.

7% return over 10 years doubles your money.

“Force Germes” or midi-chlorians, Introduced in The Phantom Menace. The microbes that give people the religious power to choke people remotely.

I need to find some more audiocasts (podcasts) on a news kind of front. I need to find more audiocasts on all fronts. I listen to things as I work. I’ve given up on music. I listen to stories and news. I need more.

In a high stress moment, I tripped over a keyboard cable and broke the keyboard. The USB plug was bent to all hell and back. I felt bad about throwing the keyboard away. I felt like I should have given some thought to replacing the end of the cable. Then, I thought about how long that would take. Then I thought about burning my cornea with a soldering iron. Then I threw the keyboard away.

Because of license issues, I had to stop using Dexpot and start using a program called VirtuaWin. There is a learning curve and a functionality curve. It turns out the bit of the new program that does that little graphic desktop display that tells you which desktop you are on does not work on my system. It crashes. I have to look in the task bar for what desktop I’m on. I have to just count how many times I hit the keys to figure out what desktop I’m going to. It is amazingly stupid and difficult to get used to. Frigging license issues.

Poor people work a thousand times harder for every nickel they earn than rich people.

California is experiencing a decline in the number of children in the state for the first time since it became a state. This means, the state of California is dying. Perfect time to raise taxes.

15% of battlefield injuries are to the eye or affect vision.

Sometimes I wish I had kept track of every time I hit my head. Perhaps a log of all injuries would be cool as well, but head injuries are accumulative. Not sure how accurate that is, but it is what I hear. Might be interesting just having a spreadsheet with type of injury, circumstances, dates, treatments if any. Something for a whole lifetime. Maybe we will get such logs in the future with things like Google Glasses. Wonder if there is an app for injury tracking.

No comments: