It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-02-05

News and chat and things



FieldData
TitleNews and chat and things
DescriptionMe yapping about a bunch of stuff that doesn’t really matter. Worth a watch.

* Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/zhsy00001
* Google+ https://plus.google.com/110920679448216202152/posts/p/pub
* Blog http://plastickelly.blogspot.com
* YouTube RSS http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/zhsy00001/uploads
Tagsvlog, vlogging, chat, social media, news audiocasts, complaining, android, google drive
LinkLink

I just burn through NPR shows. I filter out topics I know will upset me or make me want to listen too intently. I also typically listen to the first couple minutes and judge if I will be too distracted. If whomever is speaking has a thick accent or if they say “um” every third word, I might pull the plug without listening to the whole story. I stopped listening once because the commentator was whispering while being shot at. Dramatic, but annoying to listen to. I’m pretty sure it is the quality of reporting that makes me stop listening more than the content.

Had some quick video rant ideas in the changer. Walked over to McD and grabbed a bite. Walked to the roof of the parking garage and forgot everything. My mind had completely cleared. Nice, if I’m honest. That is what a walk around at lunch is supposed to do.

I have not had much trouble converting over from 2012 to 2013. I haven’t screwed it up more than a couple times. I think I put 2132 on a check by hand earlier this week. Had to scratch it out  and correct it.  I’ve heard a couple complain how long it takes them to convert over. I do the date so many times a day that it stays at the top of my mental need to know list.

I prefer CloneZilla to Ghost for Linux. Bet someone has a guid on how to use one’s images with the other software.

We use a chat software at work. I have forgotten how nice it is to have people hang out on a chat system and respond to little taps every now and then. It really speeds up all those quick “did you get my email?” kinds of questions. Huge parts of people’s day must be lost in other companies to just telling people that you are busy and to get back to you in 45 minutes. I think it is a huge time saver. Now, if only people used a system at home anymore. Gone are the days. Some of the guys use one of the game online things, but I cannot. SMS does not allow for group chatting. All the aps for FB, G+ and T suck for chatting. One of these days.

No comments: